A lot of times, people will hear an auto mechanic refer to a major of minor service, but they aren’t sure what that means. In this month’s blog, we’ll discuss the difference between minor service and major service at Mast Service Center in Etna Green, Indiana.
A minor service usually takes place at the following mileage intervals: 7500 miles, 15K miles, 45K miles, 75K miles, 105K miles etc. At Mast Service Center, we offer minor service to all major car manufacturers, as well as heavy diesel trucks.
When you come to Mast Service Center in Etna Green, Indiana, our minor service is likely to include the following (based on the make, model, and purpose of your vehicle):
- Oil change and lube service
- Inspect and top off all fluids
- Inspect all filters, hoses, belts, brakes, fluids, power steering, and exhaust
- Inspect and rotate the tires
- Check for any dashboard alerts and find the source of any issues
- Inspect visibility by testing headlights, blinkers, windshield wipers
Major service takes place in between minor service intervals, typically at 30K miles, 60K miles, 90K miles, 120K miles, etc. At Mast Service Center, our expert auto mechanics know what parts and fluids are likely to wear down after 30,000 miles of use, so they will notify you what needs to be repaired and replaced during major service. Some of the major service items we handle may include the following, depending on the needs of your fleet, car, truck, SUV, or heavy-duty diesel:
- Complete visual inspection of all major vehicle systems, including the engine, electrical system, coolant system, air conditioning system, braking system, transmission system, lighting system, wheels, and dashboard notifications.
- Report the health of all vehicular systems, including the various parts and the fluids running throughout these systems.
- Replace worn hoses, belts, spark plugs, filters, brake pads, battery, fluids, etc.
- Inspect for leaks and all check fluid levels.
- Check your tires, and recommend a rotation or replacement of said tires, depending on what we saw during the inspection.
If you have additional questions about the difference between minor and major service. Have no fear. Mast Service Center is a family-owned auto repair facility and our auto repair team will provide data about your options so you can make informed decisions about your service recommendations.
If you are curious about what our customers have to say about our team, check out what David Y. had to say about our automotive repair team:
“Mast has been absolutely fantastic. My car broke down beside the road and within a few hours it was towed to the shop and the issues were fully diagnosed! The service advisor, Landen, took care of everything for me and made sure I had a backup plan while the car was in the shop. They presented multiple options for fixing the issue and answered my questions helpfully. I’m very happy with the service I received from Mast Service Center!” -- David Y.
Before you head out on a springtime road trip, check with the pros at Mast Service Center to see if your vehicle could use a pre-trip inspection. Depending on the mileage of your vehicle, a minor or major service could make your trip go a whole lot smoother. Schedule an appointment today with the highly skilled auto mechanics at Mast Service Center. Let us help you get the most out of your vehicle. Mast Service Center is located at 8608 North State Road 19 in Etna Green, IN 46524. We look forward to seeing you soon!